1. Bacteria is common culprit to all forms
2. Hey, your not alone, an estimated 80%
of people suffer from some form of acne in
3. Did you know there are many varieties of acne?
In fact, there are over fifty types of acne. However,
the most common form is acne vulgaris.
4. Although many individuals believe the sun makes
their acne better, the reality is ultraviolet
rays that penetrate the skin's surface can damage
the follicles, closing them off and triggering
acne two to four weeks after sun exposure.
5. It takes three to four weeks for a pimple to
form, therefore, what you ate yesterday does not
affect your skin. Hormones and your genes are
the main causes of acne.
6. Spot-treating of acne does NOT work. The entire
face and involved area must be treated daily in
order to prevent new acne lesions.
7. Acne is not curable. It is very treatable.
The sooner you begin an individualized treatment
program, the faster you have great-looking skin.
8. Most people do NOT outgrow their acne. This,
like any other disease, must be treated. You should
not ignore this condition.
9. Scrubbing and vigorous washing make acne WORSE.
Loofah sponges, Buff Puffs, scrubs containing
particles, and strips applied to the skin are
all irritating and make acne worse.
10. To remove all of the oil produced by your
body, you would have to wash your face every minute.
Excessive washing actually causes the body to
produce more oil which makes acne worse.
11. Stress does not cause acne, but can certainly
make it worse. Stress often aggravates hormones,
which may promote the process of producing new
12. Diet does not contribute to acne in most individuals.
Certain foods may cause flare-ups of acne.
13. Acne breakouts are NOT caused by dirt clogging
the pores. Acne is caused by hormones stimulating
the oil glands, plugging of the pores by dead
skin cells, bacteria living in the pores breaking
down the oil and causing inflammation.